Tickets Booked to Houston and some other things

After playing a ridiculous game of flight ticket booking, M and I officially have our tickets to Houston for August. We snuck the trip right before he’d have to start if he gets a teaching job for the Fall.  My dates are the 9th – 22nd. Hope to see some of you all there!

M’s interview seemed to go well. We are just waiting to hear back and hopefully it will be good news :)

Dad Update

There’s not much new news so I’ve been sort of slow updating it. It looks like they are keeping him until Friday. They are still monitoring his kidney function and trying to flush out some of the bad stuff.

I’ve got access to Dad’s 7/18 test results now (that’s the day he was admitted), but nothing that is new.  Creatinine levels (that’s basically his kidney function) were pretty high at 3.67 (0.70- 1.30 is normal). His Lactate Dehydrogenase (LDH) was high at 21,000 (313 – 618 is normal).  B2 Microglobulin at 18.5 H mg/L  ((0.7- 1.8 is normal)..  remember these are the numbers from when he was admitted. Hopefully we can get new numbers soon so we can see if there was any improvement.

Thanks again for all of the comments and suggestions. Love to all of you.

Oh and ps the FDA approved Kyprolis (carfilzomib). Hopefully that’s good news for a lot of people. I’m not sure it’s applicable to us right now, but it’s a good thing that things are being tested and approved. :)