BOYCOTT GOYA FOOD PRODUCTS!
( just a reminder)….
We stocked up the prepper pantry this week with
- 25 lbs of black beans. they’re not organic but grown in Washington state so I felt ok about it.
- canned goods
- coffee( 2 bags of Starbucks French Roast on sale at Costco)
- Bob’s steel cut oats
- paper towels ( Costco’s giant package gets us through most of the year) We try not to use a lot of paper towels but sometimes you just have to.
- Dove soap( 16 bars)
- ramen soup( my favorite breakfast)
- lots of single item things from Winco like Asian seasoning stuff, and olives
- four more boxes of pasta
- Another 10 bag of Calrose rice
The barn pantry looks really good and as soon as I get the Ikea pantry the other stainless steel shelves will go out there too.
Not much on the schedule this week, so that’s nice. With the weather being so hot, I don’t like having to go out much.
I went to Goodwill yesterday and Whoaaaaa… I got there at 9:45am. Dropoffs start at 10am. there were probably 25 cars already in line. By the time it started, I had probably 30 cars behind me. I guess it’s the season.
My order from Ikea ( from 2 months ago) showed up. So it’s another bamboo plant stand. And another small cabinet. I have this cabinet in our entryway and my plan was to put this one next to it. But then since we put the small TV in my office area, I decided I will put it under the TV and put ALL the DVDs in it. If they don’t fit some will have to go. So a little more organization.
I’ve been taking some pictures of the different rooms again and looking at the spaces. In my office area, the brown rug ( once I took the picture) looked really awful with the grey Ikea couch. So that was pulled out and I’ll have to see if I want a grey rug to replace or just leave the wood floor. Some of the pine boards need replacing so another project.
This week on the menu will be
- individual Lodge quiches, a mushroom /cheese, spinach/ cheese)
- Yakisoba with crispy tofu
- burrito bowls with pintos, avocado, tomato salsa, cheese and tortillas
- maybe something with beef like in a Japanese recipe from Just One Cookbook
- spinach crepes with a bechamel sauce( maybe) depends how ambitious I feel!
BTW, I am loving the Zojirushi rice maker I got. It is fantastic ( thanks Laura from The Occasional Nomads who always has great suggestions and has lovely Japanese things in her home on Kaua’i.
My head is spinning with the political crap going on. With Trump getting Stone off the hook and out of his scheduled sentence, I just want to throw up. The corruption is so blatant it’s mind-boggling. Then he and Devos ( who is also evil incarnate) just wants the kids to go to school 5 days a week. Ok, you send YOUR kid or you go and spend a week in a classroom with 30 kids and tell me it’s safe. Yeah, right.
In other boring news, the Flylady zone is the bathroom. Not exciting but hey it still needs to get done.