So, how do I feel? Just to remind you, I’m in Cycle 1 of Bendamustine/Revlimid/ Dex, which began 7 May 2013. I have only 5% normal bone marrow function with 95% plasma cell infiltration.
- You only received the Bendamustine IV Day 1 and 2 of the 28 Day Cycle.
- This is Day 11 of Revlimid 5 mg on the 21 day cycle. I seem to be tolerating the Revlimid okay except for days of diarrhea treated with Imodium, followed by constipation, etc.
- I continue to take 10 mg of Dex every other night. I forgot to take my Dex one “due night” 16 May 2013 and the next day I felt like a person made of stone – could barely move around and get from laying or sitting to standing – it was REALLY HARD. All of my bones hurt, especially my left arm with the hardware and screws and by back – so, I’m NEVER going to miss my Dex dosing again, even though I look so puffy and have the appetite of an a wolf.
- I will finish my Z-Pack antibiotic for the sinus infection tomorrow 18 May 2013. I’ve had thick – copious – NASTY drainage (I’ll spare you the photo, but you know I have one) and I might need to ask Dr. Padavanija for second round of antibiotics to clear this up a bit more when I see her again 21 May 2013. The terrible pain I had in my left sinus area is much improved, although I still have a bit of left-sided neck – headache.
- Holding Aspirin 81 mg while platelets are so low.
Amazingly, I feel pretty well – especially in the mornings. I am sleeping better now that I am taking 5 mg of Xanax at bedtime.
I have to be careful since my platelets are only 18 (norms 140-440) not to bump myself, fall, or do anything that might start bleeding, because it is unlikely we could get it to stop and I’d bleed out OR have a stroke – so, I’ve been doing a lot of couch potato computer work and watching Jani and Faye WORK around me!!! and I mean WORK – 2 days of cleaning.
TRANSPORTER – And of course transporting cleaning supplies.
VACUUMER -And now it’s time for vacuuming and vacuuming and vacuuming….remember the 3 trievers aka hair-balls!
CARWASHER – Faye’s talent extends to washing Jonah.
And with all the work complete, now it’s time for some farewell photos.