Labs drawn at Lost Rivers Medical Center Lab this morning. They called Dr. Padavanija’s office at St. Luke’s and we decided that I did NOT need a blood transfusion, nor a platelet transfusion today. My platelets are 17 (norms 140-440) and that is good for me. My hemoglobin is a tad low at 8.8 (norms 12-16), but I usually don’t get a blood transfusion until the hemoglobin is well below 9.0.
So, Jani and I drove home to Mackay and we will return to Lost Rivers Medical Center Lab on Friday, 2 August 2013 to have my blood rechecked…happy all around for today. If, on Friday, my values have dropped, we would go on to St. Luke’s in Twin Falls and get the necessary transfusions.
I’ll just take it easy around here and work on the computer.
Jani took the dogs on a walk and then went golfing.
And then, I was hit with one of my heart pain attacks.
I was a SEVERE episode of what I call “HEART PAIN”. This is the 6th episode of “heart pain” that I’ve had since my myeloma diagnosis (24 May 2011). At least 2 of the episodes have been witnessed by nurses and doctors at the University of Colorado Hospital in Aurora, Colorado.
- 30 July 2013 (here in Mackay, Idaho)
- 19 June 2013 (here Mackay, Idaho)
- 24 May 2012 (while inpatient at UCH for 2nd autologous stem cell transplant)
- 18 April 2012 (in Greeley, Colorado at Jani and Robbyn’s house)
- 17 Jan 2012 (here in Mackay, Idaho and Ron took me to Idaho Falls ER)
- 15 Sept 2011 (while inpatient at UCH for 1st autologous stem cell transplant)
- Famiciclovir (shingles prevention which was due at 2 PM)
- Pepcid 20 mg
- 1/4 Percocet and 1/2 Oxy 325
- AND a BIG DOSE – “stay clam Jude, you are not dying”