Relapsed High Risk Myeloma – Update July 22 2013

Woke this morning after a restless night and could not breathe out of my left nasal nare at all. I, VERY GENTLY BLEW my nose and a huge wet blood clot emerged. It was about 2 inches by 1 inch and 1/4 inch thick. WALLA, I could breathe instantly and no new bleeding!

Jani and Robbyn drove me to the Lab at Lost Rivers Medical Center in Arco, Idaho to get my CBC as scheduled. My platelets were MISERABLY LOW at 9 (as low as I have ever had). The report said “Critically Low” and they called the value in to St. Luke’s MSTI. They reported the value to physician, Banu E Symington, MD that covers for my oncologist, Dr.Padavanija who does not work Monday’s and they decided I could wait until Thursday to have my platelet count rechecked on Thursday in Twin Falls, Idaho. I need “rescue platelets” to stay alive and that is obvious, but will just rest quietly until then.
Robbyn’s departure photo from Mackay to Colorado. She is driving a rental car to the Idaho Falls Airport and then on to DIA in Denver to pick up her car at the longterm parking there. We will miss her!

Jani and her iphone apps – CUTE!

Spent the rest of the day on the sofa and had no new bleeding from my nose or throat. Unfortunately, the Z-Pack antibiotic (which I started 18 July 2013 and completed 22 July 2013 didn’t completely knock my sinus infection and I’m going to request a refill Z-Pack tomorrow. I still have brown-green sinus drainage, but not that much now. My left front sinus is completely encased and cannot drain without surgery and right now I am NOT a surgical candidate with a platelet count of just 7.