So things have been a little quiet over the past month as per my previous post, but now I have less than one month to go before I hit 40……and less than one month to go until I’m meant to have completed my 40 Challenges B440! It is going to be very tight I think. I thought I’d give a quick update and that way people can see which ones have been completed and which ones I still need help with.
I owe so many people a big thank you already. All the companies that have donated or have given prizes, all of you who have donated things or bought raffle tickets etc, those of you who have got involved with fundraising on my behalf, who have made things or delivered things for me, or who have got me signatures! All of you who have put up with my constant facebook pestering and those of you who have constantly retweeted for me. And of course those who have joined me along the way by supporting events I’ve taken part in like the pub-crawl, pint pulling and conga in the park! And I’ve probably missed some of you out, but it isn’t for a lack of care…more a fuddled brain this close to the christmas period!
To date I have completed 32 challenges and so have just 8 more to go. I am pleased to say that already, and without gift aid, we have managed to raise…..drum roll…..a massive £17,671.24. Now I’m still waiting for that to be verified but I’m over the moon with that…especially when you consider I initially had hoped to raise £4,000!!!
These are the challenges that are now complete;
1. Find 40 people to do one challenge each in aid of Myeloma UK – Achieved
2. Climb 40 floors in a building – Achieved
3. Give up drinking alcohol, and eating crisps and nuts for 40 days – Achieved
5. Run 40km in 4 days. Achieved
6. Do a pub crawl round 40 pubs in 40 hours – Achieved
8. Get 40 friends to be sponsored to give up something for the 40 days of Lent (or equivalent).www.justgiving.com/teams/lent – Achieved
10. Get ingredients donated to make 40 cakes/ 40 cakes donated and sell them at a cake sale Achieved
12. Sell 40 roses in aid of Myeloma UK – Achieved
14. Eat 40 types of fruit – Achieved
15. Iron 40 items of clothing in 40 minutes – Achieved
16. Try 40 different bottles of wine. – Achieved
17. Buy a complete outfit for £40 – Achieved
20. Get 40 shots through the net of a netball post in 4 minutes. Achieved
21. Get people to make 40 Myeloma Buddies Achieved
24. Get a group of people (40 if possible) to do a total of 10,000 taekwondo kicks in one day Achieved
28. Make £40 at a car boot sale. Achieved
30. Learn to knit and knit 40 rows (minimum!) Achieved
32. Stay in bed for 40 hours – Achieved
33. A sponsored silence for 40 hours – Achieved
34. Make 40 cups of tea in a day – Achieved
35. Visit a zoo and see 40 animals – Achieved
36. Make and sell 40 greetings cards. Achieved
38. Get 40 people to conga through West Wycombe Park – Achieved
39. Get 40 signatures from Famous People – Achieved
40. Receive letters from people from 40 different countries. Achieved
41. Sell 40 Myeloma UK trolley keyrings – Achieved
42. Try 40 different types of cheeses – Achieved
44. Play 40 consecutive games of cards – Achieved
46. Travel at least 40m down a zip wire Achieved (160m!)
47. Pull 40 pints – Achieved
48. Get 40 prizes for a raffle (if possible non-location specific please) Achieved
49. Get 40 people to donate money to Myeloma UK instead of giving Christmas cards – Achieved
Ok, so the last 8 challenges need to come from the list below. Most of these are totally down to me….eating 40 brussel sprouts, planks, writing entries into this blog. But some of them could still benefit from YOUR help. I’ve highlighted these in italic with some comments underneath. If you can help, or can put me in touch with someone who can help, please shout. I have just managed to get myself a new job, which whilst brilliant, also means I have slightly less time available to me to finish these off….and I can’t begin to tell you how devastated I’ll be if I don’t achieve them!
4. Read 40 books
7. Eat 40 brussel sprouts in 4 minutes
9. Tell 40 people who don’t know anything about myeloma, what it is. You could argue I’ve told well over 40 people through these challenges, but if I could do one breakfast meeting or a presentation at a ‘Round table’ group in the next month, I would feel I had done it properly.
11. Persuade 40 businesses to donate a minimum of £40 each. I have currently got 32 donations with another one promised. If you or anyone you know might donate, I am happy to do facebook and twitter shout outs!
13. Do 40 lots of 20 second planks in one day (or the equivalent)!
18. Swim 40 lengths
19. Write 40 entries into my blog
22. Get the revised Myeloma Diagnosis Pathway taken to 40 different GP’s/ health professionals. This has kindly been taken to 21 different practices, but I still need to get it into another 19 in the next month. If you can take it to your GP, please let me know and I can email you the pathway and a letter to go with it to make it easier! Please just let me know when you’ve done it!
23. Play 40 different sports – this one has been abandoned!
25. Have a party for at least 40 people – this is taking place in January
26. Get 40 people born on the same day (January 25th) to send me a 40th birthday card!!! This one is proving really difficult, so if you can help or can persuade facebook or other friends to help, please do!! I think I’ve only got about 8 lined up so far!!
27. Get 40 famous people to tweet/retweet about my challenge. This is proving tricky! 27 retweets achieved, but I still need another 13 so if you can help with people who haven’t already retweeted (see my 40 Challenges B440 page), I would be ever so grateful. Just tweet them with my blog page and ask them to retweet!
29. Look after a dog for 40 hours Not sure I’ll be doing this one now!
31. Stay awake for 40 hours – Abandoned as Nick doesn’t want me ill!
37. Drive 40 different cars – Abandoned due to lack of time
43.String a necklace with 40 beads/ stones.
45. Ride for 40 minutes on a horse
50. Get 40 people to sign up to the Myeloma UK sponsored events
If you would like to sponsor me with my #40ChallengesB440, to support Myeloma UK and help make myeloma history, please either
text ‘DEBG99 £X’ to 70070
e.g ‘DEBG99 £40′ if you want to donate £40