Bloody Jim Jams

I know there was only Mike said yes but he said it a lot – sorry Margaret.  I have put it right at the bottom so that hopefully whatever the size of your browsing window it won’t jump out at you.  Then again you might be less than impressed.  I couldn’t have showed it to my Auntie Ann, she would have passed out.

I stood up to get my purse from the locker – to pay for the hard drive for the files off the laptop.  As I turned away I noticed a few spots of blood on my wrist.  There was a particularly lovely Registrar with one of the other patients but I thought ‘It’s only a few drops, it would be rude.  It must be my canula.’  So I knelt across the bed and pushed the buzzer and looked down at a patch about three inches square but I could feel it gushing, really it felt like it was gushing, down my arm.  So, I decided it was merely impolite to interrupt.  As I turned round I noticed the canula on the bed still as straight as when it still had the needle in, pressed my hand to the crook of my elbow and called the doctor’s name.  She whizzed over and the junior doctors went off for gauze which she pushed up my arm to the leaking bit.  The nurse then took over with more gauze and really pressed.  So much so not only did it work but today I couldn’t understand why my arm was sore at the back until I went for a shower tonight.  I had a cracking couple of bruises.  But, hey, it worked.  The sticky plaster was still there perfectly applied – seriously it was the most perfect looking dressing ever and ‘that’ doctor that put it in didn’t even get it stuck to his gloves.  A feat I’m sure has never been repeated in the civilised world.  Just goes to show looks aren’t everything.

Before I present the pic – I felt ropy this morning and by late morning my temp was 39.3.  The same bloody registrar has changed my antibiotic and thinks it is all mouth related.  Generally its administered for five days.  B was not impressed.

Because of a query in the way the drugs in my pump are administered I went without the permanent antisickness for about nine hours.  The things I ate (not that much due to the ropy feeling, but some) and drank (a fair bit) stayed down.  However B brought me some soup in and I brought that back.  I have got a bit of a cough and I coughed and brought up an interestingly red coloured production.  It would appear its from my mouth.  There’s been another two bowls since – one including my tablets.   Hopefully by morning it will have kicked in fully again.

So anyhoo back to the jim jam top…