Three weeks ago I whined mightily about taking DEX. The worst problem was acid reflux the second night after taking it, but there were other issues too. I’m happy to say that I have had better experiences since then.
Lots of good people offered great suggestions regarding the heartburn (acid reflux). This formula has worked for three weeks in a row. After the worst heartburn of my life, now zero heartburn:
- I take the 40 mg of DEX with food at the Sunday evening meal, and the reflux happens (happened) Monday night.
- No food at all in the last few hours before going to bed Monday night. I figure two hours may be the minimum, although I have not tried less than three.
- No beer or other alcohol at all Monday.
- No chocolate after noon Monday.
- No coffee after noon Monday.
- Take a Zantac with dinner Monday night, but no other time.
- Take calcium citrate 250 mg twice daily every day. No other calcium works the same.
- Drink some extra water if there is even a hint of a symptom after dinner Monday night.