A long over-due mini-update!

Hello friends.  Sorry to fall off the face of the earth there for a bit.  I have some good excuses — I’ve been helping to launch a new business for my employer,  I’ve finished work on my bands next album, and of course I have my adorable family with whom I try to spend a little bit of time.  Oh, and I also play a fair amount of golf.  Poorly.

Not to bury the lede [sic], recent bloodwork (last week) shows that I remain squeaky clean.  So that’s good!

I will post something more detailed on my decision as to where to be treated in the coming weeks, but as of now I think I’m going to return to UAMS per schedule, but go to Mt. Sinai in NYC in January as a second opinion at this stage in my treatment so that I can get the perspective of Dr. Barlogie and see his new location.  I don’t think it’s possible for me to choose one or the other until I see the center in New York and assess the degree to which BB can continue to monitor and treat me in the manner that he did at UAMS.  Meanwhile, I do have a tremendous sense of continuity with his former colleagues in Little Rock to consider.

It’s a high class problem, seven years after diagnosis, to be around mulling this over!

I’ve been traveling a lot for work and I’m not sure if I’ll have time to update before I get all my appointments scheduled, but that should happen before the end of the year (it certainly BETTER as I’m planning to see them both in January) and I will update again at that time, or earlier if events merit.

Happy holidays in advance to all of you!