The first 3 months of my 49th year have passed, so what do I have to show for it?
To start with, I have only managed to gather 39 goals on my list for the year!
Hmmm… “39 before 50” doesn’t have the same ring to it, does it?
But I am not going to stress about that: I would rather not have meaningless targets just for the sake of it.
It has been a pretty stressful start to the year with new pressures at work and a lot of worrying about FL. But my list of goals has been a useful point of focus.
|Happy “True to Myself” Footwear|
“Be True to Myself” is top of the list and sometimes I cling to it like the mast on a sinking ship!
So when I have come under fire for “quirky language” (I kid you not) I have stood up for myself and brazened it out, while remaining entirely grown-up. I avoided the temptation to retort: “Whatever, geezer!” which is what my inner voice was screaming.
Although I have not accomplished number 10 “Update my CV” I have taken on lots of new responsibilities at work (for no extra pay or thanks) and I know that my CV will look a lot shinier as a result, when I finally get round to writing it all down.
(37) I dyed my fringe blue :)
(20) I have been wearing clothes that make me happy.
I have (6) knitted and (7) sewn from my stash.
(3) I have read some good and great books. Currently I am deeply immersed in: “A Death in the Family” by Karl Ove Knausgaard, which is not a Scandinavian murder-mystery at all! And it is part of a series – fantastic! Lots to read!
(27) I went to the dentist… and I went to the dentist again. And again. Once was all I had aimed for, but I reckon I have almost made up for those 7 missed years of appointments now!
(33) I have been sharing the love: passing on books / magazines to family and friends after enjoying them myself.
(36) I have been making more gifts and (32) I am up to date with my aim to knit 12 pairs of socks in the year.
|This is not a picture of my teeth|
The areas of slippage have been, as expected, the: (5) 49 Deliberate Acts of Exercise; (4) 49 Days of Vegan Living; (9) Make connections / (16) Meet other knitters. I am rubbish at sticking to goals around health and fitness and social interactions. But I am aware of that, and I am determined to keep on chipping away at my flaws, while (19) Treating myself Kindly!
No sign of (2) a Walk on the Beach – pathetic! How hard can it be?!
And I can’t recall (31) Coffee in a cafe, though I am almost certain it must have happened since November… yes? No?! Really?! The fact that I am not sure says a lot!
And I haven’t (28) had my hair cut.
|And this is not symbolic of my goals crashing down around my head|
In summary: I have a lot of work to do. But I am still determined to stick to my goals and identify some new ones as the year progresses. Watch this space!