Woke to a much better day as far as I felt compared to yesterday. My gastrointestinal trace seems to have settled down and although not perfect, it will do. My legs, especially my thighs are weak, probably talking to me from my 1 block walk last evening.
Day 16 of Cycle 2 Bendamustine/Revlimid/Dex.
Was able to drive to the Post Office to pick up the mail and deliver it to my father. Someone stained his front deck and it looks awesome.
Went grocery shopping at Ivies while Jani cleaned and re-organized the garage!
Went to Ladies Aid at 1 PM at the Mackay Women’s Club to have the members show me how to trace a pattern on seven t-towels they are going to make for me. I love this group and only a couple of members were absent today.
L to R: Lula Shaffer, Dorothy Schmuck, Virginia Anderson, and Lela Warner, Ladies Aid at Mackay Women’s Club, 19 June 2013.
Just before 2 PM, I was driving to the Post Office to mail a package from the Women’s Club when I was HIT with a SEVERE episode of what I call “HEART PAIN”. I drove directly home (6 blocks) and made it to the sofa where I told Jani “I WAS DYING”. This is the 5th episode of “heart pain” that I’ve had since my myeloma diagnosis (24 May 2011). At least 2 of the episodes have been witnessed by nurses and doctors at the University of Colorado Hospital in Aurora, Colorado.
- 19 June 2013 (here Mackay, Idaho)
- 24 May 2012 (while inpatient at UCH for 2nd autologous stem cell transplant)
- 18 April 2012 (in Greeley, Colorado at Jani and Robbyn’s house)
- 17 Jan 2012 (here in Mackay, Idaho and Ron took me to Idaho Falls ER)
- 15 Sept 2011 (while inpatient at UCH for 1st autologous stem cell transplant)
- Famiciclovir (shingles prevention which was due at 2 PM)
- Aspirin 81 mg (holding right now for platelets of 33 but decided best to take now)
- Pepcid 20 mg
- 1/4 Percocet
- AND a BIG DOSE – “stay clam Jude, you are not dying”