FO: Emergency Top-Up Renfrew

When I realised I was a top short of my expected quota, I had a minor but nevertheless heart-stopping moment of panic. 
ALL of my clothes are now hanging up in my wardrobe.
The storage drawer is empty (I don’t count my wedding coat, my quilt project or my abandoned Shalder cardi!)
THIS IS EVERYTHING I OWN.

Those white streaks are moving!

But I knew I had the solution in my own hands.  I had one yard of jersey left from my last Girl Charlee order, so I got out my Renfrew pattern and made a top.  Just like that? Shrugs.  Just like that!

Stats:
Pattern:  Renfrew by Sewaholic, View A, size 4
Fabric:  One yard of cotton jersey from Girl Charlee, $6 plus postage (I bought 3 yards and the postage was approximately equal to the cost of the fabric. This was still cheaper than buying from within the UK, even supposing I could find a supplier.)

Yeah – more snow!

Process:
This is quite a firm and non-stretchy jersey so I made a larger size than usual.  This was the right decision.
I did not make cuffs or a hem band, but used black satin bias binding as a facing.  This means the edges won’t stretch, so I can’t roll my sleeves up, but at least they will stay in shape.

I can see from these pictures that the neckband is a bit gape-y, but I think I can steam-press it into submission.  It’s not a deal-breaker.

Verdict:
A stash-busting wardrobe-filler!
The fabric is a beautiful rich  violet-blue with a print of black lace so it goes with black or navy (or red or grey or even in-ya-face mustard!)
Quick, easy, practical.
High five, seamstresses!

Oh – and since I managed to cut my feet out of all my snowy selfies, here is a bonus picture of my new ankle boots from White Stuff :D
The most comfortable shoes I have encountered in many a year – and cute too!