If you would like your story of that of a loved one posted on MM for Dummies, copy and paste the questions below in an email and send your response to me at phil at cancerkicker dot org. Thanks for your willingness to share your story for others to grow in their knowledge of Multiple Myeloma!
Where were you born and raised?
- NYC, grew up in Glen Cove, NY
Where do you currently live?
- Denville, NJ
When were you diagnosed?
- January 2010 (Age 61)
Did you know what MM was prior to diagnosis?
Is there anyone else your in family with MM?
What led to your diagnosis?
- Extreme pain in hamstrings
How many times were you referred before actually diagnosed?
Where have you received treatment?
- St.Claires in Denville, Hackensack Medical Center
- 2 weeks radiation reduce tumors on vertebrae 5 months of Revlimid and Dex, 2 stem cell transplants
Why did you or your doctor choose a specific treatment?
- Strong health 61 years old very physically active
What has been the side effects of the different treatments?
- Peripheral neuropathy in legs
What has been the hardest thing about your MM journey?
- second transplant very rough also the stress on my wife of 42 years without her guidance I would not have made it to this point
What are the top lessons learned that you would want a newly diagnosed MM patient to know about?
- Trust in doctors and be willing to listen to advise from caregiver
How have you been able to stay positive and encouraged in your MM journey?
- Very much so keep moving and push for physical activity adjust to different lifestyle of not working
After being diagnosed… What perspective was changed the most?
- no fear of dying
Did you or a parent work in a field with or were exposed to toxic chemicals prior to diagnosis?
What MM sites or blogs had you found good information from after diagnosis?
- MM Beacon